335 Days After Mocking Klay Thompson, Mikal Bridges Clarifies His Beef With theWarriors Star: If

Klay Thompson, a long-time Golden State Warriors player, achieved 5 NBA All-Star selections and won 4 championships. Injuries sidelined him from 2019 to 2022, but his return in early 2022 bolstered the team to win another NBA championship. However, recent rumors hint at potential issues with his contract extension. Amid these rumors, an old beef

Klay Thompson, a long-time Golden State Warriors player, achieved 5 NBA All-Star selections and won 4 championships. Injuries sidelined him from 2019 to 2022, but his return in early 2022 bolstered the team to win another NBA championship. However, recent rumors hint at potential issues with his contract extension. Amid these rumors, an old beef with the Brooklyn Nets star Mikal Bridges gets rehashed.

More recently, the 27-year-old revealed in an interview what led to his stare-down with Thompson. Interestingly, this comes almost a year after the incident took place.

Why did Mikal Bridges Mock Klay Thompson?

The Beef originated way back in a matchup between the Warriors and Phoenix Suns. After sinking a bucket from beyond the arc, Mikal Bridges shot a look at the Dubs bench, staring down Klay Thompson. After which, in another match-up at Footprint Center, Klay shoved Bridges and got severely angry at Devin Booker, resulting in his ejection from the game.

In the aftermath, the Warriors Lost the game to the Suns, but the 5-time all-star left the Suns team with the now infamous, “4 rings” gesture. So, in a recent interview with Bleacher Report, the 27-year-old former Suns’ star reveals the reality behind the incident. Upon being asked why he decided to mock the 4-time champion, Bridges said, “I wasn’t though. That was the funny thing. If you see these two jokers right there, Dante and Ty Jerome, them two clowns”. He further added, “I turned, I was trying to find them, but Clay was right there, so I just looked, I just like locked out. I just looked at him, and I just ended up doing it, but it was like I was trying to find Dante.”

Clarifying the two-time NCAA champion said he was trying to shoot a look at Warrior reserves, Ty Jerome and Donte DiVincenzo. Despite that, he later caught heat from the Splash Brothers. However, that beef is the least of Thomson’s worries. Recent rumors have given way to uncertainty about Klay’s future in the Dubs.

Is Free Agency waiting for Klay?

Klay Thompson’s expiring contract is worth $43.2 million. There’s a chance he could secure a $140 million extension, as per Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated. While there’s mutual interest in a deal between Thompson and the Warriors, it’s unlikely to occur before the season begins.

Golden State has achieved the rare feat of keeping its core team together for a long time. Their goal is for Stephen Curry, Thompson, and Draymond Green to retire as Warriors. However, only the next season will we know if that will ultimately happen. Do you think Klay Thompson will play for another team? Let us know in the comments below.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7pr%2FSnqWtoZGhubq%2Fz6ipratemLyue8Kaq56fn6fGcLrBmmanmpFirqTAyK%2BcZpqRqLimwMGao6VlnprEtHnToamenV2dwq%2Bw0Z6bZpyRrsBurcWtnKtlnaSwrLXNoGSkpJGuerW0zqanrKeeYrqqt8ClZJuqmZm0pr%2BMnKOaqpmbtqa%2FjKGgrGWSmrKnedaiq6FlpJ2ybsPAq6mip6KoerTAwKtkop5drry2edKenGasmJrApnnTsKZmop%2BgsrO%2Fjg%3D%3D

Share!